Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sweet Caroline...

Early this morning my youngest, Caroline, headed east--bound for Nashville and a summer's youth ministry internship at the Harpeth Hills church. She'll be working alongside two of the finest youth ministers I know: Jason and Jennifer Pagel.

I have to say, I spent many years as a youth minister on the receiving end of other moms' and dads' sons and daughters who were beginning youth internships... and it's a whole new feeling when it's your child headed away for the entire summer. I have a brand new appreciation for (and empathy with) those parents who entrust their children to others who will mentor and look-out for them.

I'm a big fan of internships... and I know this summer is going to be a tremendous growth opportunity for Care. She'll be a blessing to the Harpeth Hills' church and youth group-- and I'm sure they will return the blessing to her. I'm also trusting that Caroline's summer "family" in Nashville will take good care of her.

And in the words of Forrest Gump... "That's all I have to say about that."