Sunday, June 14, 2009

Prayer: Take The Next Step...

Frozen.
Still.

Paralyzed.

Intimidated.

Overwhelmed.

Scared.


The above words are a sad description of many believers who want to move forward with the Lord but are afraid. Afraid to take the next step God is inviting them to take… afraid they’ll fail.


Why? Because they do not know our God. Sure, they may claim to believe in Him, to trust Him, to love Him… but those words do not describe a love relationship with a living, loving God.


But these words do:

Eager.

Ready.

Giddy.

Excited.

Strong.

Confident.


Which set of words describes you today? Which set would you like to describe your year? Your life?


Ready to take the next step?


Prayer starters:

* God, what is my next step in my relationship with You?

* God, what is my next step in my relationship with others?

* God, what is my next step in my ministry for You?

* Pray for those of us from SoHills who return today from Chicago to obey as God leads us to take our next step
.

“Be strong and courageous.”
(Deuteronomy 31:6,7,23; Joshua 1:6,9,18; 10:25; 1 Chronicles 22:13; 28:20; 2 Chronicles 32:7)