Monday, October 5, 2009

God, Make Yourself Visible Through Me...

I've been thinking a lot lately about the enormously challenging opportunities that face us in this world. Hunger, disease, repression and apathy present themselves as insurmountable obstacles.

I'm coming to grips with the fact that I can't take on all that's wrong in the world... but I'm equally convinced that there is a very real place and opportunity in this world where our great God can and will make Himself visible through me... if I will just open myself, and my eyes, to that possibility.


This then becomes my prayer this week: "Father, open my heart and my eyes to the person to whom You will make Yourself visible today through me."


I invite you to join me in praying this prayer... in fact, consider praying it this very minute as you read these words.