Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Your Thoughts...

As I sat in my favorite booth at Sharky's yesterday (I really don't have a favorite booth, I like all of the booths equally), these words were spoken by the young person sitting across from me: "I've prepared myself educationally to serve a church as one of its ministers... but I've done several internships, and seen so much of church, and how church people act toward each other... I'm having second thoughts about my next step. What do you think?"

Slide alongside me into my booth, and join me in responding to this young person's question. Allow me to briefly introduce you to them: they are bright, sincere, dedicated to Bible study and prayer, a leader on their university campus and at their church.

Praying that the Holy Spirit would give me the words to speak in response to this young person's soul-searching question, I said... hmmm, how about before I tell you what I said, I let you think about what you would have spoken in response to their query.

And you would have said...