Monday, August 24, 2009

My Favorite Party...

If Jesus were to throw a party in your city... who would he invite?

I'm pretty sure Jesus’ invitation list would include a lot of people… but I'm thinking that right at the top of his invitation list would be the people in your city who are often overlooked or forgotten—people who don’t usually get invited to parties.
Yep... I'm fairly confident that those who don’t have parties thrown for them would be the very people that Jesus would make the honored guests at his party.

With the above in mind, I want to invite you to my favorite party. It's this
Friday, August 28th, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and we call it a “Jesus Party.” We'll be spending the evening with clients of the City of Abilene’s Adaptive Recreation Program, an activity group for mentally challenged adults. The “Jesus Party” will take place at the Adaptive Recreation facility at Rose Park (2609 South 7th Street).

Trust me... this is going to be an incredible party. Don’t miss this opportunity to be Jesus to someone.