Monday, August 4, 2008

An Insider's Look Inside My Head...


Have you ever laid awake at night and wondered what a typical email exchange between the members of SoHills' ministerial team looked like. (Probably not... but work with me.)

Below is the almost verbatim text of an email I sent to my ministry partners a few days ago.

How do you think they responded? How would you have responded?


Ministry team mates...
A wild and crazy idea has been rolling around my brain all afternoon and I decided (at the risk of officially becoming the weirdest person you know) to share it with you.

Here's my one ground rule for doing so... we don't reject the idea outright and collapse with bellyaching laughter... but we at least give the idea fair consideration, and then (if it seems appropriate) reject it and follow with bellyaching laughter.

The idea: What if next summer (2009) SoHills were to suspend
all ministry activities with the exception of our Sunday worship assemblies and Home Gatherings, and our Sunday Bible classes?

There is a simple church method to the madness of what I propose.

I look forward to a lively discussion...