Saturday, April 19, 2008

Back In My Own Bed

I'm looking forward to being back in my own bed tonight after a quick trip to Houston. Last night's hotel room was nice and clean, but the mattress gave me an ache in my back.

Some hotel chains have upgraded the comfort quality of their mattresses. (I'm a fan of Hampton Inn.) I'm thinking their investment in new mattresses has attracted them new customers, along with developing a loyal clientele. (Did I mention I like to stay at Hampton Inn?)

All that got me pondering what shapes how people feel about a church. It's most likely not a church's logo or its advertising. I believe people form their most significant impressions of a church based on how the church invests itself in what its community feels is important.

What is your church investing in?