Monday, April 6, 2009

Five Things That Always Make Me Cry...

Susan and I were leaving a movie theatre recently after having watched a real tear-jerker. I was clearly not the only sensitive man in the audience in touch with his feelings, as I noticed several other males in the crowd dabbing at their eyes with a handkerchief, or slipping on their sunglasses (it was 10:30 p.m.).

That experience got me thinking about men and crying... and since I am a sensitive man in touch with my feelings, I decided to make a list of the Five Things That Always Make Me Cry. Here's my list:

Crowds applauding handicapped people - it doesn't matter if it’s a Special Olympics medal ceremony, or handing out prizes at a Jesus Party. If people clap, I cry. Kleenex.

Old Yeller - if you've never seen this movie, come prepared with a box of Kleenex. Make that a case of Kleenex.

My wife crying - This works like yawning. If Susan cries, I cry almost immediately. Kleenex, please.

Cats not dying - I saw a cat almost get hit by a car the other day. Good thing I had Kleenex handy.

Getting a shot at the doctor's office - Well, it used to. Now I act like a bug flew in my eye. Nurse, may I please have a Kleenex?

Okay, what makes you cry?