We’re blessed to be part of a community of believers. We hear messages of hope that encourage and inspire, we are motivated by vision that leads us to the next level, and we receive practical steps to assist our walk with God.
But... are we learning? Are we leading? Are we growing?
I can’t be the only one who hungers to grow…only to find myself struggling to follow-through on commitments I wholeheartedly made. Finishing strong is a hurdle we all face. But it’s also one we have to clear. Why?
We need to grow. And others need us to grow so that we can train them. Then those who are trained need inspiration to train others…who will only continue the process.
That’s called discipleship, and it’s revealed in 2 Timothy 2:2.
"You should teach people whom you can trust the things you and many others have heard me say. Then they will be able to teach others." (NCV)
Keep growing…and praying for the growth of those God entrusts to you.
* What step of faith is God asking you to take?
* What is God teaching you in your times alone with Him?
* What students has God placed on your heart? How can you encourage them to grow?
* What role does God want you to take in discipling others?
* Pray for those who are feeding you, helping you grow.
* What area of your life is God working on right now?
* Pray for those of us from SoHills in Chicago to “grow.”
Jesus told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and earth. Therefore go and make disciples in all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and then teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you; and be sure of this--that I am with you always, even to the end of the world.” (Matthew 28:18-20 TLB)