What does it mean to honor God?
Honor\ n. 1. Esteem due or paid to worth; high estimation; respect; consideration; reverence; veneration; manifestation of respect or reverence.
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." (Romans 12:1,2)
"Give us aid against the enemy, for the help of man is worthless. With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies." (Psalm 60:11,12)
"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God." (Psalm 20:7)
"Praise the LORD! Praise God in his Temple; praise him in his mighty heaven.
Praise him for his strength; praise him for his greatness.
Praise him with trumpet blasts; praise him with harps and lyres.
Praise him with tambourines and dancing; praise him with stringed instruments and flutes.
Praise him with loud cymbals; praise him with crashing cymbals.
Let everything that breathes praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!" (Psalm 150)
* Ask God to reveal to you what it means to worship Him throughout the day
* What is God teaching you about worship?
* Ask God to continue to stretch your understanding of worship.
* Ask God to take you to a new level of understanding of worship in the months to come.
* Be still and know that He is God.
* Pray for those of us from SoHills in Chicago to “honor” God.