Wednesday, February 11, 2009

God is Good...

As it approaches 3 million views, I continue to be amazed at how God is using the little video "Stethoscope" to touch hearts and lives. Mary Haines, my ministry assistant, recently received the following email from a woman in another state who had viewed "Stethoscope."

I have now seen it all... a Church of Christ that uses Handel's Hallelujah Chorus to illustrate Christ in us!
The Church of Christ I attended as a child would've had a "conniption fit" at the very idea of a hymn with musical instruments, and yet I clearly hear violins on that rendition of the Chorus. The Church of Christ I attended as a child drove me relentlessly, mercilessly, inexorably away from a loving God. Satan had a powerful legalistic, Pharisaical presence in that church, so I am glad to see that some Churches of Christ these days have escaped his ugly, painful, venomous grasp. Providentially for me, God was stronger than that little Church of Christ with a heart of stone, and today, Jesus Christ is my Lord, Savior, and loving Master. May God continue to bless your church as you turn around the harsh, unsparing Church of Christ one broken believer at a time.

Our God reigns.