Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Playing It Safe...

Let me go out on a limb and say I think most of us walk the line between passion and peacefulness. We play it too safe because we fear failure and criticism. Many of us wake up every day with the goal of not looking bad or bringing unwelcomed attention to ourselves.

That being said, I'll make-up an axiom
that I think is true: If we're never disconcerting anyone or risking personal embarrassment with our life's endeavors, we're probably making very little impact.

That's just how influence works.
It comes with the price of personal unrest.

In almost every endeavor I've embarked on that pushes the play-it-safe, maintain the status-quo envelope... there is always that moment when I realize I've gone too far to turn back, and there's absolutely no assurance of success. I start doubting my leadership, my sense of God possibilities, and I kick myself for risking.

And then God does something amazing
.