Friday, October 3, 2008

Carrollton Aid...

My ministry partner, Stephen Corbett, and I traveled to New Orleans recently to shoot video footage for use in support of a soon-to-be-announced fund raising effort on behalf of the Carrollton Avenue Church of Christ. It may sound trite, but I'm going to say it anyway because it's true... Stephen and I gained so much more than we gave during our time alongside the folks who make up Carrollton Avenue church. Carrollton Avenue is clearly committed to living and being the people of God to the city of New Orleans.

Carrollton Avenue also needs money... $300,000 to be somewhat exact... in order to complete much needed, and too long delayed, post-Katrina repairs to their building. It will take you just over 4 minutes to watch this clip which portrays both the need, and the heart of the Carrollton Avenue church.



I'll be posting additional information about the fund raising campaign, Carrollton Aid, in the near future. But for now I'd ask that you pray for this effort... and consider posting the Carrollton Aid clip on your blog.