Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Two Alarms To Wake-Up By...

One of the things God reminded me of during last week's Catalyst Conference was that I need to start my day with praise. Many of us start our Sundays with praise. Why not Wednesday? Or Saturday? Verily, even Monday?

So here is what I'm doing. I'm creating another playlist on my iPod. And I'm going to surround myself with some songs that wake up my spirit each day. For what it's worth, I think we need two wake up calls every day. Whenever I have an early trip or important meeting, I try to set two alarms. That ensures that I'll wake up.

We need two alarms each day. A physical alarm and a spiritual alarm. We need to wake up our bodies. And we need to wake up our spirits. Too many of us let our spirits sleep Monday through Saturday.


So here's the idea: Create a praise playlist for your commute to work, or work out at the gym, or early morning office routine. We need those songs to saturate our spirits with praise to our gracious and good Father.


For what it's worth, my favorite Catalyst song was Let God Arise by Chris Tomlin. In fact, I'm listening to that very song as I'm typing these words!

(Mark Batterson got me thinking about this subject in one of his recent posts... and I've borrowed many of the thoughts in this post from him.)