Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Power of Words...

Words are powerful. Words, as we all know, have the ability to tear down, or build up. They can be used to discourage, or encourage.

Our words can be used by God in the lives of others. We can look someone in the eyes and tell them:

“I believe in you.” They may never have heard that from anyone else. Give them the gift of your faith.

“You are making a difference.” Many wonderful people serve Jesus and his church for years without ever hearing those special words.

“God used you in my life.”
Occasionally someone will encourage me when I’m down and not even know it. I love to give them a return gift by telling them what God did through them for me.

I’d encourage all of us to become more generous with your words. I like what God said in Deuteronomy 3:28, “But commission Joshua, and encourage and strengthen him, for he will lead this people across and will cause them to inherit the land that you will see.”

- Commission others to ministry with your words.

- Strengthen others with your words.

- Encourage others as long as it is called today.

How will you allow God to use your words today?