Friday, October 10, 2008

Catalyst Day 1...

Matt B and I are having a great time at Catalyst. Day 1 was full of outstanding speakers... Andy Stanley, Jim Collins and Seth Godin were among the presenters that challenged the socks off me with what they had to share. I was blown away by Steven Furtick, the 28 year-old lead pastor at Elevation Church in Charlotte, North Carolina... wowsers, this guy can preach the Word!

However, one of my biggest takeaways was from a conversation Matt and I had with former SoHills' intern, Jennifer Cooke, who's now on the staff at North Point Community Church in Atlanta. In referring to the staff culture at North Point, Jennifer indicated that a foundational aspect of their staff relationship, which flowed into the life of the church, was a default to an attitude of trust rather than one of suspicion. Jennifer said that the practice of this simple principle had made all the difference to their staff... and their church.


I'll close out with the words from Steven Furtick: "Be faithful. Be faithful Be faithful."